So you’ve got all these plans to do amazing things, you’ve got it all planned out on your dream board, you can see it now…..the crowds cheering your name. You can see that bank account with all those zeros! You can see yourself chilling in front of that massive infinity pool in Nice, France. You can see it all. But for some reason, you just don’t feel worthy of it. You don’t actually feel good enough to do the things you already know you want to do.
So what do you do? You stay stuck in this uncomfortable place that’s neither here nor there. It’s not quite you rocking back and forth in the fetal position but also not you going ahead to step fully into it either. It’s such a sucky place to be, isn’t it?
Don’t feel bad lady boss, I’ve been there! (And honestly get there everytime I level up.) There’s this place I would stand, that looked like the edge of a cliff… I would stand there looking down, wondering what people would think if I jumped, what would happen? Could I actually do what I wanted to? Would I be good enough? These questions ran through my head for so long. I tried so many things and just couldn’t take the full leap. It’s scary, I get it.
But the need to follow my passion kept flowing. It kept calling me. It wasn’t just the need for an abundant life with lots of monetary gain either. Although that excited me! But it was this place where I could support women just like me, that had been through what I have. I wanted to give them so much love and support. To empower them.
Somewhere along the way, I was what can only be described as being divinely guided to become a life coach/ spiritual coach. I saw a good friend of mine doing this and it felt so right and just wonderfully aligned. But who was I to do this? What was I thinking completely changing my entire profession (in network marketing) and business? Whoa, Nelly! Just a tad bit scary…
Something in me finally decided to take the plunge. So I took courses, became certified with the best person I could find (Gabby Bernstein!) and kept developing my passion. All along the way, I kept feeling this sense of dread. That there were all these coaches out there kicking ass and who was I to go and do this now? Would people wonder what the heck I was doing? I thought I didn’t care about what others were saying but here was that silly voice, that kept chatting me up and talking me down.
Have you heard that voice before? Here’s the clincher! That voice is your Ego and is coming from none other than you. We feel as if we will be judged by others, that people won’t think we’re good enough but really the only person that’s doing the judging is you, my friend. It’s all coming from you! Imagine that? Well, the good news is you have 100% control over what you do. So here’s to telling Ego to eff off and listening to your inner guidance.
How to feel like a total worthy badass!
- Connect to your life’s story. What challenges have you been through? Are you ready to be the victor instead of the victim?
- Are you ready to inspire others as you grow into a better version of yourself every day?
- Take courses! Feeling like you know your stuff can help, although it’s not necessary. However, it gives you the posture you may need. Whatever courses speak to you in your desired field, go for it.
- Whatever it is that you want to do, don’t get yourself caught in the comparison game! You do you, but don’t start comparing yourself to what others are doing. Most may be ahead of the experience curve and you may feel less than. You can’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 12.
- Know what you have to offer. Your experience and victory from healing into who you are today is the best schooling you can have. It’s your street cred and will come into play when you want to connect to why you’re here. Draw on and embrace your story!
Now say it with me!Click To Tweet
Finding my worthiness took time. It took growing myself way out of my comfort zone, taking risks, failing and failing again. It was a process of becoming. The becoming part is everything.
I suppose my advice to you is this. If you don’t feel good enough, just be open to the idea of it. Be open to the healing involved and the empowerment that comes with that. Worthiness lives there.
To being good enough for your dreams,
In light and love,